HP printer’s users commonly face the problem when their printer just refuses to print anything. This problem can arise due to various reasons ranging from connectivity issues to faulty configurations or drivers. If you are facing any such problem, the following troubleshooting guide will help you get rid of your printer won’t print problem.
- Go for basic troubleshooting
In case your HP printer stops working, the first thing to do id to check the status of the connection between your printer and your computer. Make sure that all your devices are connected properly to one another, and the network or the cable that you use to connect these devices is working.
You can also take a chance at restarting your HP printer. Turn it off for a couple of minutes, unplug the cord and leave it for a few minutes. Now, plug the cord to the printer and power it on. See if your problem is resolved.
- Update or reinstall the required drivers
More often than not, printers show problem because of faulty drivers. You may be required to update or reinstall these drivers to fix your printing issue.
- Set your printer to default
When you try to print something, your computer will automatically assign that printing task to the default printer unless you manually choose to do it with some other printer. So, your HP printer won’t be able to print anything if you have neither set it as your default printer nor select it as the printer to print.
If your HP printer is not set as default then follow these steps to make it your default printer:
- Press Windowkey along with the R key, both at the same time. This will open the Run dialog box. Type Control Panel in the dialog box and hit Enter to open the Control Panel.
- Select Devices and Printersfrom the Control Panel.
- In the Printerssection, right click on your HP printer logo and select Set as default printer. Click yes if prompted.
- Now, you can see a tick below your HP printer This means that your printer is now set as default printer.
- Cancel all printing jobs
Another common problem that leaves your printer not working is the stuck print queue. If there are failed print jobs in your print queue, then it may restrict the normal functioning of your printer. Clear all your print jobs to get your printer back to normal.
- Go to Control Paneland open Devices and Printers.
- Right click on your HP printer in the Printerssection and select See what’s printing.
- Open the Printermenu and select Open as Administrator.
- Once again open the Printermenu and select Cancel All Documents.
- When prompt window opens, Confirmyour action.
- Check your printer status
If the above mentioned troubleshooting methods do not work for you, then check for any hardware issue with your printer.
Make sure that your printer has enough paper, ink or toner, and it is not on paper jam.
If you have any query related to your problem you can directly contact on HP customer Service Phone Number 1-800-673-8163.