It's not easy to get started with preparation. However, if you are self-studying for the UGC NET, you can design a rigorous approach to ensure that you pass the exam. Many people who try it for the first time will find it daunting. Preparing for the UGC NTA NET without coaching and focusing solely on self-study provides you complete control over your schedules, consistency, and most crucially, time. Here are some UGC NET Preparation tips, as well as how to develop a self-study strategy plans for the UGC NET.
If you are self-motivated, you will be able to prepare all three of the above tasks effectively. Let's have a look at the most important variables to consider first. Here are some key considerations when preparing for the NET Exam.
- Collect important information and resources
• start your preparation with commitment
• make correct revision notes
• practise test series and quizzes
• solve previous year's problems
• study only high quality and relevant literature
• use online quizzes and tests to verify your performance prior to the exam.
• “Practice perfects a man.” Always go over the material you've learned again.
For best results, your UGC NET Personalized study plan must be scheduled at least before four months of the exam. The Paper 1 Paper 2 Covers more than 10 Subjects and so one or two months is not sufficient. If you only allot one or two months then let me say you will never be able to figure out how to study for UGC NET and complete the entire portion and it is practically quite impossible.
Step 1 – Understand the Syllabus Exam Pattern:
Thoroughly go through the UGC NET Exam syllabus and exam pattern. That way you’ll know the topics to study and the weightage of each topic.
Step 2 – Attempt Mock Tests:
Take mock tests of Paper 1 Paper 2 and identify your strong weak areas to efficiently utilise the given time. Consider a score of less than 40% as weak.
Step 3 – Categorise Subjects as Strong Weak:
Divide the subjects into two parts- strong weak sections. Be honest with yourself.
Step 4 – Pick 2 Subjects at a time:
The entire UGC NET preparation is divided into 13 weeks (as shared in the preparation strategy pdf above). You have to pick up only 2 subjects at a time, 1 from Paper-1 and 1 from Paper-2.
Start with your strong subjects, since there are no sectional cut-offs, covering your strengths would save time and boost your Morale.
Step 5 – Improve your weak Subjects:
Then work on strengthening your weak areas by referring to the best books for UGC NET, and solving as many previous year question papers as possible.
Step 6 – Strengthen Current Affairs’ Knowledge:
For Current Affairs, which are asked in the topics of Paper 1 from People Environment, ICT Higher Education, I will be covering all of them in my sessions. However, it is always a good idea to read newspapers anyhow.
Easy and Tough Subjects
You need to organise and plan your UGC NET self study schedule subject wise, considering those tough and easy topics. You need know the concepts of a difficult subject in order to prepare. It is better if you choose a subject that is medium difficulty for you and is also an important subject in UGC NET. Don’t start the preparation with a tough subject. Also, studying a very easy subject means you waste lot of time on it in the beginning, which is plain foolish.
Time is the only thing in your hands and first you should allot enough time to study for the UGC NET exam. Students will have to do accurate analysis of the UGC NET syllabus. For instance find the subjects, topics in each subject and select the order of subjects for preparation.
- Always build a timetable to finish studying for each subject in a day.
- Be good in all subjects than mastering just one subject.
- Use the time while travelling to prepare for UGC NET or for browsing and finding high quality information.
- Monitor your daily activities sincerely.
- Use time to complete useful discussions with competitive group of friends.
- Quit – watching TV, irrelevant internet browsing and chatting.
TIME TO STUDY THE ENTIRE GATE SYLLABUS
In case you already have good knowledge in computer science then it shall take only 3 months for the UGC NET preparation. Now, if you are in the final year for graduation, then it might take more time. Use the time right from the the beginning of your final year to graduation and use a minimum of 2 hours for the preparation of UGC NET.
HOURS NEEDED TO PREPARE EVERYDAY
- Each person’s preparation time varies slightly.
- Now say you have already prepared all the subjects during the previous GATE Exam, then you can still use 2 to 3 hours for revising and practice.
- Use minimum 5 to 6 hours for GATE preparation if you want to be a topper.
- In case you are preparing the UGC NET exam for the first time, then you must definitely use more energy and hours in order to understand the study pattern and syllabus.
Some exams you can use one book to the maximum. For UGC NET exam, the syllabus might be in such a manner that for a few subjects all the topics may not be present in one text book. Sometimes this one book may not have enough information about a particular subject. Therefore, use two books to cover all the important topics and information. Always buy and use books with good standards and quality.
- Don’t- Choose just one book.
- Don’t: Buy or use bad quality books.
- A little mistake can lower your UGC NET rank.ph